Room surface 16 m²
- Sea view
- Mountain view
- View of place of interest
- City view
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Flat screen TV
- Free WIFI
Etna rises on the eastern coast of Sicily, south-west of the Peloritani Mountains and south-east of the Nebrodi Mountains (Sicilian Apennines), within the territory of the metropolitan city of Catania and is crossed by the 15th meridian east, which takes its first name. With a diameter of over 40 kilometers and a base perimeter of about 135 km, it occupies an area of 1265 km².
The Etna region, bounded by the Alcantara and Simeto courses, has a perimeter of 212 km and an area of 1570 km².
UNESCO has included Etna in the list of assets constituting the World Heritage Site.
Via Etnea is the main street in the historic center of Catania. It winds in the south-north direction, has a straight course and is about 2.8 kilometers long. It goes from Piazza del Duomo to the Tondo Gioeni.
The road has recently been repaved, with Etna's lava stone paving, and is now a pedestrian area in the stretch from Piazza del Duomo to the Quattro Canti. In the stretch that goes from the Quattro Canti to the Bellini garden, on the other hand, it is only covered by public transport and taxis.
It is the shopping street and one of the busiest streets in the city both during the day and at night. In fact, in the surrounding streets there are about a hundred clubs including restaurants, breweries, pubs and pizzerias.
Piazza del Duomo in Catania is the main square of the city. Three roads merge into it, namely via Etnea, the historic city axis, via Giuseppe Garibaldi and via Vittorio Emanuele II which crosses it from east to west. On the eastern side of the square stands the Duomo, dedicated to the patron saint of the city celebrated on February 5th.
On the north side is the palace of the Elephants, that is, the Town Hall. On the other side of the square are the Amenano fountain, very famous for the inhabitants, inside which coins are thrown (as in the fountain of Rome) and, next to it, the Palazzo dei Chierici which is connected to the Duomo by a passage running on the Uzeda door.
The terraces of the Palazzo del Seminario dei Clierici and Porta Uzeda can be accessed from the Diocesan Museum of Catania which is located in the Palazzo del Seminario dei Clierici adjacent to the Cathedral.
Corso Italia is one of the main streets of Catania and is located about 10 minutes walk from the historic center.
The street is known for the dozens of shops of the best luxury brands, therefore ideal for shopping as well as a stroll.
Certainly one of the largest and most beautiful streets in the city.
It can also be reached by underground, getting off at the stop of the same name.
Artistically relevant Villa Manganelli and the Palazzo delle Scienze, seat of several university faculties.
The Palace of Justice, whose construction began in 1937 and was inaugurated in 1953 is the work of the architect Francesco Fichera and is located in the central Piazza Verga in Catania.
The facade of the building is linked to the eighteenth-century architectural motifs of Catania, reworked in a twentieth-century key and the interior contains frescoes by Carmelo Comes. In front of the entrance to the hall stands the imposing bronze statue by the Catania sculptor Mimì Maria Lazzaro representing Hecate.
The court and its offices, housed in a section of Palazzo Tezzano since 1844, were moved there after the inauguration in 1953.
Catania-Fontanarossa "Vincenzo Bellini" airport is the main airport in Southern Italy, sixth in Italy for passenger traffic and second in Italy for national traffic.
Furthermore, the Catania-Rome route is the busiest nationally and the fourth in Europe.
The airport traffic continues to expand, with numerous scheduled and charter flights favored by the geographical position and road connections.